TRANSMISSION REBUILD IN SARASOTA
If you're like most car owners, you probably don't think much about your vehicle's transmission. However, your transmission is essential for transferring power from your engine to your wheels. Hopefully your vehicle will never be in need of a Rebuilt Transmission but if the situation ever arises you can take comfort in the professional expertise and experience of the Transmission Rebuild experts at S.T.S. TRANSMISSIONS.
Over time, your transmission can accumulate significant wear and tear on its internal components. During a transmission rebuild, your vehicle's transmission is completely disassembled, inspected, then rebuilt with new parts as necessary for optimal performance and efficiency. At S.TS. TRANSMISSIONS, our transmission rebuild services are custom-tailored to your vehicle and your needs.
What Rebuilding a Transmission Means?
When you think of rebuilding a transmission, you might imagine reassembling it from scratch. However, the job is actually a lot more nuanced. A truck transmission rebuild may include removing and disassembling the transmission, replacing friction clutches, replacing rubber seal components, inspecting various components, and performance testing. After you get your transmission rebuilt, your vehicle will run just as it did when you first got it.
When to Undergo a Transmission Rebuild
The best way to determine when to rebuild your clutch is to pay attention to the way your automatic transmission sounds, feels, and smells. If you hear a buzzing, grinding, or other strange sound, there's a good chance that your transmission is the cause. You might also feel your vehicle struggling to accelerate, or even smell an odd, mechanical smell. Even if your transmission isn't to blame, you should have your vehicle examined by a professional just in case.
Why You Need Transmission Repair
Professionals to Rebuild Your Transmissions?
Car and truck transmissions are intricate systems with many working parts. The transmission is also responsible for a major part of the vehicle's performance—a malfunctioning transmission can make your vehicle unsafe to drive or even bring your car to a complete halt. Even if you are accustomed to making small repairs or maintaining your vehicle on your own, a car transmission rebuild is a task that should always be left to a professional. Not only will our transmission shop in Sarasota guarantee that your new transmission is perfectly suited to your vehicle's needs, our transmission professionals also have the experience, tools, and access to parts that will make your truck automatic transmission rebuild a faster and more convenient process. Furthermore, your professional transmission rebuild will be backed by a warranty that covers the transmission work and the parts used for a period of 24 months or 30,000 miles, protecting your investment in your vehicle to provide value and peace of mind.
Benefits of Rebuilding vs. Replacing
Some people assume that replacing the transmission is their only option. However, rebuilding a transmission comes with many benefits over total replacement.
- Shorter Repair Time: Replacing a transmission can take a week or longer. Rebuilding a transmission, on the other hand, usually takes a few days.
- Lower Cost: Rebuilding your transmission can also save you money. Generally speaking, a rebuild costs about half as much as a total replacement.
- Fewer Materials: If you opt for a rebuild, a transmission repair expert will only repair the parts that are worn or damaged. With a replacement, you'll get all new parts. A rebuild is thus more environmentally friendly than replacement.
If you suspect that something is wrong with your transmission, have the experts at S.T.S. TRANSMISSIONS take a look. Our family-owned and operated transmission rebuild shop has over 100 years of combined experience in providing high-quality transmission repairs.
Causes of Transmission Failures
If you keep your vehicle long enough, you will need a transmission rebuild to replace worn or damaged parts that have resulted from years of driving. Caring for your transmission will prolong its functional lifetime, helping you to extend the longevity of its current components. While many transmission problems can be solved through transmission repair, a transmission failure due to long-term wear and tear will more likely require a transmission rebuild to restore the functionality of your car or truck.
- Operation in excessive heat can cause your transmission to fail prematurely. Even if you are not driving in hot weather, consistently low transmission fluid levels or letting too much time pass between transmission fluid replacements can cause your transmission to overheat and fail.
- Poor overall vehicle maintenance can take its toll on your transmission. Allowing your car or truck to run with failing or damaged engine systems or electrical components will put added strain on your transmission and lead to a higher risk of failure.
- At S.T.S.TRANSMISSIONS, we offer car and truck transmission repair and car transmission rebuild services in the Sarasota metropolitan area, including personal vehicle and fleet transmission repair.
Don't hesitate to schedule transmission service today by calling (941)812-1648.